History Hike: “The Marl Pit”
Saturday, January 22nd, 2022
11am – 12pm
$10 Per Person
And you thought History was boring…instead of strolling with our Historian and American History Educator, now you can hike with them through the National Park and learn about interesting historical facts not usually found in History books!
The Marl Pit: Take a walk back into Yorktown’s Prehistoric past. Learn about the Chesapeake Bay Impact Crater and how fossilized seashells led to Virginia’s agricultural rebirth in the early 1800s.
* Must be able to hike on uneven terrain for an hour.
* This hike has 1 moderately difficult hill in the beginning of the hike.
* Must wear appropriate shoes.
* Tour will begin by meeting at the Grand French Battery/Stop B parking lot
* Not recommended for children under 10 years old