Sal’s by Victor is a family run restaurant specialized in both southern and northern Italian cuisine. We’ve been serving Williamsburg and the surrounding areas since 1974. The restaurant was originally founded by Salvatore (Sal) who named the restaurant after himself. In 1990 Victor acquired the business from Sal and decided to keep the name, while at the same time giving the “by Victor” touch. Chef Vittorio Minichiello (Victor) was raised on a farm in Mirabella Eclano, in the Avellino region of Italy. He studied food arts at the Culinary Institute of Summonte Italia and has worked in some of the finest eateries in Europe, including La Cheminee in Paris, Giardino da Bruno in Rimini and Partenio in Naples.
Today, he is a member of the Italian Chef’s Association and brings his world-class expertise to Williamsburg. Our Most Famous Dish is “Cavatoni alla Capri” together with our famous “New York Style Pizza”. We have been voted as the Virginia Gazette’s “Best in Williamsburg” for Best Italian Restaurant since 1996. After the 2009 fire the restaurant remodeled and enlarged with hand chosen artwork from Italian artists, capturing the beauty of the Italian vistas and creating a small slice of the old country here in Williamsburg.
Sal’s by Victor’s mission is to treat all our “customers” as our guests and to make sure they leave the restaurant with a smile on their faces and a full stomach. We take complaints very seriously and always demand that our staff provide the best experience possible for our guests. We firmly believe that there is no better advertisement than a positive experience conveyed via word of mouth.
On Friday nights, from 6.30 p.m, you can hear Jim Rice playing Italian songs throughout the restaurant.
Sal’s by Victor uses the best ingredients in the market. For over 25 years we’ve used natural part skim milk to bring you the best available cheeses in the world. Not the cheapest, but the best.
– We use extra virgin olive oil imported from Italy. The finest Italy has to offer and you can purchase it to enjoy in your home.
– We use all natural oils for frying with very low saturated fats. We use 100% authentic butter.
– We are proud to offer only the finest cuts of meats. All hormone and antibiotic free veal, chicken, and beef.
– Our cold cuts are authentic world class meats found at only the finest delis and restaurants in the world.
– Our breads are delivered fresh daily from 3 different bakeries to please our customers.
– Pasta is made from all natural grains. Our pasta is mostly homemade with a few selections imported directly from one of Italy’s finest pasta makers.
– All sauces are made from scratch daily using all natural ingredients. We use no preservatives.
– Our daily fresh cut produce comes from trusted suppliers, delivered daily (except Sundays) to ensure freshness. When seasons permit we use local growers who provide us with top quality vegetables and fruits.
– All of our seafood comes from the finest supplier in Hampton Roads. When seasons permit we use locally caught seafood from local fishermen.
We use the best natural ingredients and healthiest cooking methods possible. We’ve been doing it this way for over 20 years. When you use fresh ingredients and make everything from scratch you get the best results… most of the time. If we fall short on your meal please let us know so we can correct it for you!